Wednesday 8 January 2014

A new Year and new books!

Nanowrimo, New Years and Christmas has come and gone, but I still remain! Mwuhahaha. Ok, I'm fine now.

Now that the busy holiday season is over, I have more time to write. So my dear readers (who I think are non-existent so far...), I'm back with a resolution to keep up with this blog while writing more of my stories every day. I have found a calendar* and I have decided that I would put up a sticker for every day I worked on my story.



I gave myself January 1st off due to going to bed in the early morning hours (read: I can almost see the sun rising and I have work in the afternoon) and the busy past two weeks at work.

As you can see, today I have not yet stuck up a sticker for today or January 7th. (I have worked on my story, I just haven't posted up the word count yet.) I write best during the hours of 10pm to 2 am, so I'm going to write more words after this post. I think you can also see the number of words that I have wrote during those days. Yes, I realize that it is pitifully few. Hopefully, my average word count will increase as the month passes.


I feel motivated to write more words. I feel like I'm in an easy-going version of Nanowrimo, where the overall word count doesn't matter, but I have to write something pertaining to my story.

How do you motivate yourself to keep your goals?

* I am in no way associated with RBC except as a potential client at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment